Wednesday, November 30, 2011

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas...

We are recapping the last couple of weeks in the DeWeil house and let me just say that it is truly looking like Christmas everywhere you turn!

The Saturday before Thanksgiving, my husband had to go to work for a few hours. He hadn't expressed any disapproval for decorating early, but I could tell the thought of set up was not high on the "fun" list. :) So. I had a little surprise for him. While he was at work, I went into the attic and got all the goodies down and set up. All was ready minus putting ornaments on the tree and a wreath I made for the front door.

It has truly created such a fun environment in our home. I know that Christmas is all about CHRIST. I am not diminishing that at all. It is not about presents and Santa in our home, but the Christmas lights and our faux fireplace make the specialness of Christmas amazing. I am loving it and wish we could keep up decorations all year long.

The previous homeowners, and dear friends of ours, created a special fireplace/mantel to use during Christmas. Since we don't have a fireplace in the house, this is truly perfect. It lights up and sounds like a crackling fire. It is truly perfect!

The girls came over the Monday, after we decorated on Saturday, and we decorated the tree. We ushered in the Christmas season with the movie Elf, cookies & milk, and the scents of Christmas.

Enjoy all the pictures, our silliness, and imagine the love radiating. I am so thankful for my family!

Our very special crackling fireplace. Perfect for our stockings and quaint village :)

The tree...without all the decor. Colored lights is the only way to go in our house!

Our mini tree. Set up in a corner of our living room. Adds the greatest little accent. Love it

Decorating her own tree to display in her room.

The finished product.

Mycah decorating her tree for her room.

Mycah and the finished product

Let the fun begin!!

Scott helping place the ornaments in just the right spot.

I know. He gets a little crazy near the Clemson/Carolina game. Love it!

My favorite ornament from when I was little. LOVE this!

Mycah doing some amazing decorating.

Sienna loving the ornaments and loving to pose so sweetly with them.

Filling up our tree with goodies. We have the decor theme of fun and colorful and fill as full as can be.

The way Scott enjoys tree decorating. Supervising and enjoying a good cup of joe!

Sweet Sienna and a special ornament Scott & I picked up on our honeymoon cruise.

Brownie Bites, Mini Chookies (Chocolate Chip Cookies), & Milk...yummy!

This warms our home and makes it smell like Christmas!

I think we are almost finished!

Decorating our mini tree with all the Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer ornaments. Perfect!

Decorating complete...now ELF!!!
Our finished product!


No comments:

Post a Comment