Friday, October 21, 2011

All Smiles for the Weekend!

It's here...well, maybe a few more hours for some of you, but it is close. :)
The weekend!
We have had 2 very good nights with the sweet girls this week. We will surely miss them this weekend!
Wanted to share a few highlights with you...





So, it was Spirit Week at Mycah's school and Tuesday was "Nerd Day". Here is Mycah and BFF Allana after the volleyball game Monday (which they lost both games by a couple of points). They were trying them out...you know, getting ready to be full blown nerds. :) Here they are before school on Tuesday :)
Spirit week was a lot of fun! Wednesday was Flashback Day--6th grade dressed in 60's attire, 7th gr in 70's, & 8th gr in 80's. Thursday was Blue & Gold Day (School colors). Today was Favorite Team day. You know who Mycah was repping today. That's right! USC Gamecocks!! :) (I can say that with pride b/c I don't think Scott will be reading this) :)

Sienna had a great week too. She scored 2 goals in her soccer game on Monday!!! But, bless, she was not feeling well on Tuesday so she missed her game. We have been fighting a yucky cough. Hopefully the worst is behind us.
I asked Sienna, yesterday, what she did at recess. She said, "I ran around talking to every one." When I asked what she was talking to them about, she said, "I was only talking to the girls and I told them that we would be having a meeting tomorrow at 10 o'clock." Hmmmm....so I said, "You mean a meeting tomorrow at recess?" That was it! She went on to tell me that the "meeting" was going to be the first meeting of The Girls Club. She has organized and planned this whole thing. They are going to play games, make each other laugh, and only the girls can come. :) I love this little girl! Can't wait to hear how the club meeting went today. The plan was for her to run around, again today, yelling, "Follow me. I am going to be starting The Girls Club. Let's go have some fun!"

Wednesday night, Scott was helping Sienna with her bath, as she requested. As soon as it was time to get out, I heard the hair dryer. I knew that Sienna hadn't had time to get dressed, so I rushed to get the camera and see what antics my dear husband was up to. Here's what I found...
The hair dryer was now being used in place of a towel. Oh dear! :) I don't know if this means I am keeping the house too cold (w/all my flashes) or what. Either way, this next face made my heart smile like really huge!
Sweet, little, crazy hair, snaggle tooth, clean smelling, precious little girl! :)

This morning, before school, everyone was in fairly good moods. Mycah was way tired from staying up late to finish some homework, which I wish I could say was completely finished. Then our final hair dryer pretty much died this morning (sniff, sniff, sniff) and Mycah's hair was slightly damp. BUT, she looked really cute in her Carolina get up! Sienna was ready to show her Show & Tell today. The letter was M--she took a menu (that she plays with) and a Barbie mixer (from her Barbie cooking play set). Here's to hoping they have a bundawonderful weekend!

I hope you do too!
We love you--the DeWeil's do!
Praying for you. Bundle up and stay warm. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment