Monday, November 7, 2011

I've missed you!

Hey everyone!
Whew! It has been way too long since I had the energy and creativity to post on here.
I had a nasty bought with bronchitis...that wasn't no joke! I may have waited a tad too long to seek medical attention & it just dominated me for almost 2 weeks now. It's such a hard line isn't it? Knowing when to go to the dr? I hate going and being told it's viral and we just have to wait it out. Yet I hated hacking my lungs up and the burning in my chest because I waited. Ugh! Oh well, I think the worst is behind me. Still hacking some, but not like before. Thanks for all the prayers and well wishes! :)

So, while I was "out" a LOT of things happened in the DeWeil house. Rather than fill your mind with word pictures, I thought I would actually share the pictures! :) Some of these I shared with family/friends on Facebook, but I saved several just for you! Hope you enjoy reliving the past couple of weeks with us. :)

This is the Quiet Time spot. Scott has his QT here daily, as do I. Sienna grabbed a book light and asked to head there to do her Bible reading with Scott. Too sweet!


Meet Mr. Jabber Jaws. Sienna's Halloween BFF and favorite decoration. He has a button on his head that makes him talk and say silly stuff. She LOVES it! She and Mr. Jabber Jaws hung out a lot! :)

This would be the craziness coming out as Mr. Jabber Jaws got her tickled. :)

We made a stop at Dad & Susan's house to visit and to cheer on Ashley & Garrett before they ran their half marathon in Greenville on October 29. (they both did great!) Sienna wanted to play checkers...so this is the start of our game :)
Sienna wanted to take pix. Her snapshots follow...a little blurry but great!  I love love love my husband, Scott DeWeil!!! He's so dreamy!!! :)
Silly Ashley and Garrett!!!
Scott getting ready to throw darts. Oh this makes me laugh!!!
Sienna creating a picture for Papa T. :)


Our Spooktacular house!!!

Sienna the ghost! Loving the spookiness of it all!!

Sienna wanted to listen to ghost stories. We had to cut off all the lights. We put a blanket on the floor and we all sat there and listened to ghost stories on CD. We had one candle burning to give us light and Scott had a flash light. This is the lit up by the flash version.

This is after the ghost story and lit-up-by-the-flash scary, silly daddy!!!

oooooh!!! spooky for sure!!

Sienna enjoyed the huge hay stack at the pumpkin patch. Ready set....

Go!!! Airborne!

Crash landing!

Loving the soft hay!!

Sweet sweet sweet!

Discussing options (notice Scott's drink of choice to give energy to get through the choosing/carving adventure)

Still looking for just the right one...

Oh dear Chookie! Meet Chookie. This is Sienna's puppy that often gets in trouble in the car. His time out spot of choice is the glove box. He is a sweet puppy, but quite the little rascal. (His name comes from a recent dinner conversation when Sienna meant to say, "Are we having chocolate chip cookies for dessert?" but actually said, "Are we having chocolate chookies for dessert?" It was an accidental slip up but we thought it was hilarious. When Sienna brought this doggie to me sew up some holes, we decided he should be called Chookie--as he looks like a chocolate chip cookie. :)

Scary Sienna...photo by Mycah

Sweet Sisters! photo by Mycah

Silly face Sienna--photo by Mycah

Silly self photo by Mycah

Let the pumpkin decorating begin!! Mycah's sweet creation.

Sienna's scary creation!

All the decor....

Sunset behind the spider webs...ahhhhhh.

Some of our not so scary fall decor :)

Here we go!
Scott getting in on the action.

Ewwww....slimy pumpkin guts
Do you dare me???
The DeWeil ladies in action!

Silly face time!

Don't want to leave daddy out!

Love this face! (Is it obvious where Sienna gets her expressions from?)

mmmmmmm....slimy hands!

The carving has started!

Mycah working on the finishing touches of our scary pumpkin...which she designed.

Sienna taking a break to share some toasted pumpkin seeds with me

Our pumpkin....eating Sienna's smaller pumpkin. Scary!

What do you do on Halloween day and the kids are out of school? Why, decorate cookies of course! (Mycah was hanging with her small group during this adventure)
Sienna's finished pieces...spider, ghost, and Clemson cookie. Plus a broom.

more of our creations

yet a few more


Yay! Halloween is finally here!! It's Scooby Doo and a Twister girl!!!

Loving these 2 ladies! With their scary trick or treat gift from Scott & I

Oh, then last week I saw this going on in the kitchen. Yep...Scott told Sienna he writes with his feet. Of course, Sienna has to try this!

Hilarious!

Scott was actually pretty good....writing TBone here. Scott/Daddy TBone DeWeil!!! Hilarious!!!!
Well, I know you just looked through a bunch of pictures. Thanks for sticking with me through the silence and let's hope that never happens again. It is never a dull moment around these parts and you just never know what you might see going on.

Tonight we start the volleyball tournament with Mycah. Here's to hoping her team can pull out a victory. I will definitely let you know how it turns out tomorrow. Will try to get some action shots tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment