Monday, January 2, 2012

Joy in the Morning

Hey friends!

I wanted to share a quick update with you and say a huge THANKS!
I had posted some honest confessions on Saturday and asked for your prayers.
You guys have been praying and I have felt your prayers!

Yesterday was a GREAT day!
The Lord really put such joy in my heart and I had a sense of renewal in my spirit.
You see, I have no "reason" to be depressed.
I truly have the most amazing husband, best girls, amazing family, awesome friends, incredible job, my health returned, and, most importantly, a Savior who loves me like no other.
I think that is why this "funk" caught me so off guard.

I know that this is a season we are going through as I try to get the Endo eliminated and have to have my hormones altered. I do know that this will not be "the norm", and that brings me comfort.

Yesterday's service was so amazing! If you have time, check it out HERE--it will be loaded and ready to go on Tuesday, Jan 4. The part of the service that resonated so much with me was something our worship leader talked about.

"I AM"
Have you ever thought that was a somewhat odd way that God told Moses to reveal Himself to the people in Exodus 3? In the past I have wondered about this. Yesterday it was explained in such an amazing way.
The people of Israel had been in bondage and slavery for such a long time. Their hope may have vanished. Their belief that freedom was possible probably destroyed. Their belief that there was anyone who loved and believed in them wiped out.
Yet God. Who loved them so much and wanted to make sure that they knew the power and depth of His love, said "I AM".
  • I Am your hope
  • I Am your release from all that holds you captive
  • I Am your Savior
  • I Am the restorer of your joy
  • I Am the giver of a fresh start
  • I Am the deliverer and will never leave you
  • I Am the One who sees your tears, knows your fears, and will meet your needs
  • I Am HERE!
Being reminded of our amazing "I AM" God was so powerful to me.
Also singing "You are worthy, You are worthy, God," took the focus off of me, myself, my deal, and put it entirely on what it should be on always--Jesus!

This day, I am so thankful for a fresh start. For new mercy and grace. For restoration and healing. For encouragement and support. For friends and family. And, mostly, for a God who is "I AM" and will always be all that I could ever need.

I pray this encourages your heart as it did mine.
Happy start to your new year.
My prayer for us is that we will all daily strive to be closer to Jesus today than we were yesterday and not let the distractions and worries of this world take our eyes off of what is truly most important.

No comments:

Post a Comment