Tuesday, February 7, 2012

will i ever be caught up?

have you found yourself asking this question...maybe even today?
i don't know about you but it seems like there is just not enough time in the day and not enough days in time to get all accomplished and checked off the never ending to-do list.
i guess it seems that way because it is truth.
the hard reality is that there will probably never be a day where you are able to get all of your to-do's checked off, quiet time with Jesus, all chores complete, family taken care of , exercise or you time in and anything else I may be forgetting.
are you okay with that?

if i'm being completely honest (and you know I always am!), there was a day (not so long ago) that I would answer that question with a resounding NO!
i want it all! i want my relationship with Jesus to be top notch, my relationship with my husband and kids to be what it needs to be, all homework and work complete before we eat dinner, baths and stories before bed, all chores to be completed, and fit some work out time in there somewhere.
on a good day, most of this happens...on a good day.
but then there's normal every day life.
stuff comes up.
life happens.
what has to go?

I had started off this year in full on cleaning crazy mode! let me tell you, my house looked good and I was so proud of that! I carried this on for a full month.
and then something happened.
I decided to get serious about exercising and my health. With my mornings starting at 5am now, that meant my schedule had to be adjusted.
cleaning became lower on the totem pole. as did blogging.
oh, how I have missed you, but I had to readjust some things.

I feel like I'm on the upswing of getting things in a proper balance.
my crazy cleaning mode is dying to come back out but I am choosing to replace the craziness with intentional time with the girls and not being distracted b/c of chores.
blogging has had to take a back seat to really spending time with my family and my man...instead of spending a few minutes disconnected on the computer.

this has been a big shift that I didn't think would be hard.
I realized I was holding tightly to some things that needed to let go.
my priorities needed an adjustment.
if you ask me the question now, am I okay that it all may not get done?
my answer is YES!
i'm still working on squelching the little part of me that wants to scream NO!
but balance is becoming my friend and Jesus is helping me see what needs to stay and what I need to let go of.

His help. His guidance. His wisdom. His thoughts.
that is what I need.
praying you find some balance today and this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment