Saturday, March 3, 2012

out of control

do you ever feel like you have the perfect day planned out only to have something come up and take out your plans?
i have felt this way often.
i will admit that i am a true type-a person.
i like lists, order, structure, routines, checklists, etc.
one downfall in this type of person is wanting to have control at all times.

sometimes this can be a good thing...if used in the right way.
it seems to help when in a roomful of kiddos or situation that needs some order.

it is not so helpful as a true follower of Christ.
as a follower of Christ, we know and believe that it is His plan we seek to follow--no matter what.

for me, it is something i continually have to fight against--my will trying to trump God's will.
it can be in the smallest things, like weekend plans thrown off by sickness.
or in the big things, recurring pain that puts life on hold.

either way. here is what i know in my head and want to fully embrace in my heart...
God's plan for me, in the little and in the big things, is SO much better than anything I could ever dream of.
it may not look like what i thought it should look like or be in my time frame, but His will is GOOD.

God is GOOD and God is ABLE.
He loves me more than i can even comprehend.
He loves you too!
like me, i hope that you will continually submit to Him, trusting Him with ALL of you and your heart.
it will not be something you regret...i promise!

No comments:

Post a Comment