Wednesday, October 19, 2011

It's All About Perspective

Okay.
Here are a few pictures that I would love for you to try to guess.
Number one...
Courtesy of: webmaster@whatsfordinner.net




Number two...
Courtesy of: Guess The Close Up Flickr Group



Number 3...
Courtesy of: Guess The Close Up Flickr Group
 Any ideas???
It  is all about perspective. These photos are zoomed in and our guesses are probably all over the board when it comes to trying to solve these puzzles.
Here are the answers.
Courtesy of: webmaster@whatsfordinner.net
Number one is...a shoe stretcher.

Number two is...a bath sponge/puff.

Number three is...light cover (think flourescent/outdoor light)

It is all about perspective. I know I am a little late on current movies, but Scott, the girls, and I watched Soul Surfer together on Sunday night. It is an incredible movie, if you haven't seen it yet. (and it is now in the Red Box and Blockbuster kiosks) :)

At the beginning of the movie, before there is any real drama in the plot line, the main character joins her friends for a student Bible study time. Their teacher shows them pictures, similar to the ones above, and talks to them about perspective. "It's hard to look at things that are too close." Often we don’t understand why we face the struggles in our life.  We only understand them with perspective that comes with time. I also think that sometimes you have to be removed from the situation in order to really see it as it is. Another great quote from the movie is, "Compassion can drive us to do amazing things and give us perspective."


If you are facing adversity right now, in the midst of a storm, or just wrestling with something maybe no one knows about but you and God, I would encourage you to go HERE! It is an awesome site that has a Bible study guide you can download that goes along with the movie. I love the fact there is so much scripture ready for you and it relates to issues that all of us deal with. Check it out :)

I have been reading and studying Psalm 119 in my quiet time recently. It has been just what I needed. In it, David pours his heart out to God, honest about what is going on, yet never doubting that God is with him and has a plan for him. I love the fact that we can be honest with God. He is strong enough for our questions, our ranging emotions/feelings, but, at the end of the day, He is with us. He loves us. He never leaves us. He sees your hurt and your joys. When you are on cloud 9, so is He! He longs for you to be close to Him and cherishes the moments that you have together. This makes my heart smile and gives me such peace.

I have had about 8 really good days. The pain had almost disappeared. I was almost feeling like a normal person again. But the pain is creeping back in. Since Sunday, it has gotten more noticeable. I am so thankful for the time that I had as a reprieve from the pain and allowed for some great family time.
Now what?
I am choosing to hold on to these verses and claim the promises that God has the power to heal, and He will.
He will for you too!


  • Psalm 119:5--Oh, that my steps may be steady, keeping to the course you set.
  • Psalm 119:34--Give me insight so I can do what you tell me--my whole life one long, obedient response.
  • Psalm 119:50--These words hold me up in bad times, yes, your promises rejuvenate me.
  • Psalm 119:71-72--My troubles turned out all for the best--they forced me to learn from your textbook. Truth from your mouth means more to me than striking it rich in a gold mine.
  • Psalm 119: 75-77--I can see now, God, that your decisions are right; your testing has taught me what's true and right. Oh, love me--and right now!--hold me tight! just the way you promised. Now comfort me so I can live, really live; your revelation is the tune I dance to.
  • Psalm 119:92-93--If your revelation hadn't delighted me so, I would have given up when the hard times came. But I'll never forget the advice you gave me; you saved my life with those wise words.
  • Psalm 119:96--I see the limits to everything human, but the horizons can't contain your commands.
  • Psalm 119:107--Everything's falling apart on me, God; put me together again with your Word.
  • Psalm 119:114--You're my place of quiet retreat; I wait for your Word to renew me.
  • Psalm 119:143--Even though troubles came down on me hard, your commands always gave me delight.


Want to check out more from this Psalm? You can check THIS out...all the above verses are from The Message translation. You can read it in different translations at the site above.

Praying for you today!
Hope your midweek is filled with hope, joy, love, and lots of great smiles and hugs from family/friends! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment